Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

I think

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

I think

Post by Zook »

With new faces needing to bed in (which will be easier said than done as our forward lines combined age are 14 including flecture)... Lol... We have a mountain to climb. I think we have 4 more games to turn things around, however, I really can't see it happening.... Administration here we come... You heard it here first as asset stripper short has made his billions doing typically what he has done to our once proud club.... Disgrace really, its all down to him and his unwillingness to invest.... £200 million over 10 year.... Hahaha.... How much has he pocketed from sky alone...? Conserts, shirt sponsors, boarding sponsors, corporate finances, match day sponsors, radio rights, function monies, box deals, season tickets, pay on the day (tax fiddle) shirt and ware monies, carpark monies..... Of the top of my head but I could probably go on... Does he care as he settles into his £30 million POUND mansion in America.... Wonder where he got that. (pick Ford).... Coincidence.... I think not.... Thanks Ellis.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: I think

Post by thingamajig »

I honestly think Ellis Short done his best and even pleased the fans on many occasions.
Bringing in Martin O'Neill was a popular choice where he listened to the fans albeit MON's heart wasn't in it.
Wearing the FTM badge and upsetting the PC brigade was another.
However, I now think his heart is not with the club any more.
Time to move on without the need for pulling the bloke down.
Short will sell the club and his legacy looks like its not going to end well as it is.

What was that you said again?
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

thingamajig wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 05:48 I honestly think Ellis Short done his best and even pleased the fans on many occasions.
Bringing in Martin O'Neill was a popular choice where he listened to the fans albeit MON's heart wasn't in it.
Short will sell the club and his legacy looks like its not going to end well as it is.
Are you kidding, how can you even attempt to in the slightest justify how this greedy person has in effect finished our club by stripping it of anything its worth... I'm bewildered at your response to my post.... It's your opinion fair enough but... Dear me. He has only been to one game this season.... The first game of the season, he doesn't give a monies now there's no monies to get out of it.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Zook wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 16:49
thingamajig wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 05:48 I honestly think Ellis Short done his best and even pleased the fans on many occasions.
Are you kidding, how can you even attempt to in the slightest justify how this greedy person has in effect finished our club by stripping it of anything its worth... I'm bewildered at your response to my post.... It's your opinion fair enough but... Dear me. He has only been to one game this season.... The first game of the season, he doesn't give a monies now there's no monies to get out of it.
Maybe you can't see the bigger picture like I can.
I am looking at how he tried prior to last season.
Yes, it looks like he has thrown the towel in and has had the last throw of the dice.
Time for him to go but he is not now going to throw money at the club.
If you were a businessman would you not secure your investment?

Granted, he could have thrown good money after bad in the Prem but he can't do that now under the fair play regulations.
So, yes I will stand by what I said about Short, and that is he gave it a bloody good go.
Now he holds a club heavily in debt, he really can't do any more.
He tried and failed at Sunderland, time to move on and hope the damage is minimal for us.
I certainly am not going to have a go at him apart from saying, his business plan never worked.

If you want a crack at him please do so but we are still in this precarious position and it isn't going to help.
Its going to be a case of he came, he tried and failed.
As for the club, I have my fingers crossed that we can pull ourselves clear and then look for a new investor.
That will not be easy.

Sandy Mackem
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Sandy Mackem »

Divide and conquer :lol:
Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland or has he benefited. I am confused on this score.

Bus Driver
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Bus Driver »

Sandy Mackem wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 21:33 Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland
No!

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

I think the point might be lost here. Its how he will leave the club that counts surely. The lack of investment may put us in League One :o

Sunderland 'til I die :red-white:

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Bus Driver wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 22:00
Sandy Mackem wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 21:33 Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland
No!
I think you may be wrong on that score!

monty
Local MP
Local MP

Post by monty »

thingamajig wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 23:20
Bus Driver wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 22:00
No!
I think you may be wrong on that score!
If this is the case we could be under threat from asset stripping in order to recoup money lost?

Rat Scabies
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Rat Scabies »

Sandy Mackem wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 21:33 Divide and conquer :lol:
Has Ellis Short lost money on Sunderland or has he benefited. I am confused on this score.
I'd like to see the accounting books :argument: