Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Ellis Short and his interview about Sunderland's plight

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Little General
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Little General »

Firstly, I have never knocked the chairman of Sunderland Football Club. On the contrary, I have praised him where I could. Also, I have said that SAFC couldn't wish for a better chairman. Without a doubt, he is Sunderland AFC through and through. He brought in managers which mostly pleased the fans. In fact, he has listened to the fans on many occasions to please than that way. He also wore the FTM badge in public. It is my belief that we didn't sell Kone for £18m just to please the fans - now look at us and the player!

Here is Ellis Short on the SAFC website and his message to all supporters. This is a rare interview with Sunderland's Chairman, as he doesn't usually give interviews. I hope after this interview, the Sunderland fans can get behind Ellis Short and realise that he has a job to do. Perhaps, I would say he should now be ruthless and run the club as he should - a business. Sometimes, Sunderland fans might not understand this but its now time Ellis Short, got to grips with what is happening here.

Best of luck Mr Short, I for one am backing you all the way. With this in mind, I hope Sunderland supporters watch his interview here and do the same.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/201 ... h-chairman

Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

Re: Ellis Short and his interview about Sunderland's plight

Post by Mawsey »

Very good interview, like other Sunderland supporters we hope and pray that he gets it right soon.

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Its good to see Ellis Short have an interview and nice to see that he understands the situation. It was so easy to keep Grayson and look for some sort of stability. However, I think Ellis Short needed to act and he basically spoke to the fans in this interview so well done him.

Arny
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

Post by Arny »

Thanks Ellis, your interview was welcome. I hope the Sunderland fans feel a little better now.